Crispy baked tortilla chips loaded with veggies and of course lots of melted cheese. This delicious dish will only take you 30 minutes.
These loaded nachos come together so quickly, don’t require a lot of preperation and taste amazing. They are the perfect meal for busy weekdays and are the definition of comfort food. I always associate these nachos with Netflix, a pulled out couch and a tired couple. That might be my husband and I. While we both enjoy cooking, we don’t always have the time or engery for elaborate meals. So this dish is my solution for evenings as such. It is also a great snack for the watching the Super Bowl or other sport games.
You can add or omit whatever you like in this recipe. It is uncomplicated and not much can go wrong. But one thing is not opitional- dipping the crispy chips it into some salsa and sour cream and enjoying heaven in your mouth. See how that melted cheese looks so gooey? I think pictures speak louder than words, so I will shut up now, enjoy! 🙂
- 100g tortilla chips (4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons Mexican spice mix (Santa Maria)
- 100g corn (1 cup)
- 100g kidney beans (1 cup)
- 150g tomatoes (3/4 cups), cubed
- 200g mature cheddar (7oz), grated
- 1 avocado, peeled and cut
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 400°F
- Place the first 5 ingredients into a casserole pan*. Add half of the cheddar and gently mix everything together.
- Then use the remaining cheese to cover the top and bake for 20min, until cheese is melted golden brown.
- Once baked, add avocado pieces and serve hot with some salsa and sour cream.
- *I used a 23cm (9inch) round casserole pan
- This recipe serves 4 people if served as an entree or small snack. If you wish to make this as a main course just double the recipe.