Delicious homemade apple cider with cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
- 10 apples*
- 1 and 1/2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 teaspoons cloves, whole
- 12 cardomom seeds
- 100g brown sugar (1/2 cup)
- sweetened condensed milk for garnishing, optional
- dried apple slices for garnishing, optional
- Wash and quarter the apples. Add the first 5 ingredients to a large pot and fill with enough water to cover the apples.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a medium low and let it simmer for 2 hours. Then mash the apples and continue simmering for 1 additional hour.
- Strain through a fine mesh sieve and discard the solids. Strain again if you prefer the cider without pulp. Serve hot.
*such as Pink Lady, Honeycrisp and Granny Smith, Gala,..
The cider can be stored up to 5 days in the refrigerator or up to 3 months in the freezer.