A moist and flavourful apple cinnamon cake that tastes like a cross between a cheesecake and coffee cake.
- 2 medium apples
- 110g butter, softened (1/2 cup)
- 160g brown sugar (1 and 1/2 cups)
- 2 large eggs
- 400g cream cheese (14oz)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 200g flour (1 and 1/2 cups)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon white granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Wash, peel and core the apples. Then cut into small pieces.
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 350°F and coat a cake pan with non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar for 2min with an electric handmixer. Add in the eggs, cream cheese and vanilla and cream together for another minute.
- In a seperate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon stirring with a whisk until well combined. Add the dry ingredients into the wet and mix gently with a whisk until no flour specs remain.
- Add in the apples and gently fold under. Pour into the prepared cake pan and bake for 1:20h-1:30h, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let the cake cool completely.
- Brush the top of the cake with melted butter, let it soak in. Then mix sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle on top of the cake.
Store the cake in an airtight container for up to 4 days, or freeze (before adding the topping) for up to 3 months wrapped tightly in foil. Keep the foil on when defrosting.