a custard like dessert with fresh blueberries
- non-stick spray
- 100g all-purpose flour (3/4 cup)
- 70g white granulated sugar (1/3 cup)
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 250ml whole milk (1 cup)
- 2 eggs
- *100g fresh blueberries (1 cup)
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat your oven to 180C or 350F and grease an iron skillet with non-stick spray.
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt and lemon zest in a bowl. Work the lemon zest into the flour mixture with a fork.
- In a separate bowl, combine the milk and eggs and beat with a hand mixer for about 2 minutes.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry and beat on low for a few seconds until combined. Pour into the iron skillet and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- **Serve warm, dusted with powdered sugar and extra blueberries on the side.
- *Feel free to add more or less blueberries, depending on your preference.
- ** And/or with a serving of whipped cream.
- Serving Size: 4