A nutrient dense breakfast smoothie
- 2 small carrots*
- 1 large Granny Smith apple
- juice of 2 oranges
- 1 cm fresh ginger* (0.4 inches), optional
- 1 teaspoon honey or sweetener of choice
- 2 handfuls of ice cubes (use less or more, depending on how thick you want your smoothie to be)
- Wash and trim the carrots, quarter and core the apple and juice the oranges.
- Add all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
*If you don’t have a high-power blender, grate the carrots and ginger before blending.
Keywords: carrot smoothie, breakfast smoothie, apple smoothie