A creamy, cheesy and flavorful risotto with carrots.
- 300g carrots (10.6oz)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 shallots
- 2cm ginger
- 700ml vegetable stock (3 cups)
- 80g parmigiano (2.8oz)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 300g risotto rice (10.6oz)
- 125ml white wine (1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chop the carrots lengthwise and fill a pot with enough water to cover the bottom. Add the carrots and salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let it cook for about 15 minutes or until the carrots are soft.
- While the carrots are cooking, crush the garlic, chop the shallots and grate the ginger.
- Once the carrots are soft, put into a blender along with the vegetable stock and puree until smooth.
- Grate the parmigiano, chop the parsley and set aside.
- Add oil to a medium pot and sauté the garlic, onions and ginger until soft. Add in the rice and sauté for another 2 minutes. Deglaze with white wine and continue cooking, stirring constantly, until the alcohol has evaporated.
- Add the pureed carrots and cook, covered with a lid, for about 20 minutes.
- Then add in the cheese, parsley (save a bit for garnishing), butter, salt and pepper.
- Garnish with parsley as desired. Serve hot.