These sweet and spicy marinated veggie and tofu skewers are the perfect addition to a grill party.
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 125 ml water (1/2 cup)
- 170 ml honey (1/2 cup), such as Langnese Wildblütenhonig
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- ¼ teaspoon dried ground ginger
- salt to taste
Veggie Tofu Skewers
- 230g smoked firm tofu (8.1 oz)
- 1 medium zucchini
- ¼ fresh pineapple
- 3 small red onions
- 1 red bell pepper
- Stir together the cornstarch with a small amount of the water, until the cornstarch has dissolved. Add the cornstarch water, along with all the other ingredients for the sauce to a pot and bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Turn down to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes until the sauce has thickened. Let the sauce cool slightly.
- In the meantime, prep your veggies and tofu by cutting them into equal sized squares. Skewer the chopped veggies and tofu in an alternating pattern.
- Place the skewers on a sheet and pour the marinade over them. Make sure to coat them evenly on all sides.
- Let the skewers marinate at least 1 hour or overnight. Then grill in a preheated grill until charred and soft, brushing the skewers with the marinade halfway through, for about 10-15 minutes or in a greased grill pan for about 20 minutes.
Thank you to our friends at Langnese Honig for sponsoring this post
Keywords: vegetable tofu skewers, veggie skewers, grilling, bbq, honey chili sauce