Creamy and delicious, this coconut matcha latte is the perfect way to start your day.
- 250ml barista coconut milk* (1 cup)
- 40ml water (2 and 1/2 tablespoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon matcha
- rice syrup or sweetener of choice to taste
- Heat the coconut milk and froth until creamy (either with a milk frother or in a mixer).
- Then heat the water to 60-70C (140-160F). If you don’t have an electric kettle with adjustable temperature, bring water to a boil and let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Sift the matcha into a bowl and add the warm water. Whisk together until no lumps remain with a bamboo brush or handheld milk frother for about 2 minutes. Then stir in the rice syrup.
- Pour the matcha tea into a mug, add the warm coconut milk and enjoy.
*such as Alpro Coconut Milk for Professionals