Making your own DIY chamomile body oil isn’t only easy, it’s also a lot more affordable than store-bought. You only need 4 ingredients!
- vodka or other high proof alcohol for sterilizing
- 20 g dried chamomile flowers (2/3 cups)
- 1 teaspoon vitamin E oil
- 250 ml almond oil (1 cup and 2 teaspoons)
- 1x 400 ml airtight glass jar (13.5 oz)
- Wipe your glass jar and any utensils that you are using with vodka to sterilize them.
- Place your chamomile flowers into your glass jar and add the vitamin E oil as well as the almond oil. Make sure the chamomile flowers are all covered with oil and you are leaving a bit of a rim (the mixture will expand as it infuses).
- Stir with the handle of a spoon (make sure to sterilize it before) to remove any air bubbles and ensure all buds are submerged in the oil.
- Close and store in a dark dry place, e.g. a cupboard. Make sure to gently shake your infused oil daily in the first week and then every once in a while and let it infuse for a total of 4-6 weeks.
- After it has infused, strain out the chamomile with a cheesecloth or fine mesh sieve and store the oil in a fresh clean glass jar.
Check your DIY body oil before each use for any mold growth and give it a smell test to ensure it hasn’t gone rancid.
Keywords: DIY chamomile body oil, DIY chamomile oil, how to make chamomile oil, chamomile infused oil, DIY chamomile infused oil