Make drying fresh herbs or flowers a breeze with this easy to make minimalistic DIY herb drying rack made out of wood and macrame cord.
- macrame cord
- wooden beads of choice
- 1 wooden hoop (about ø 23 cm/ 9 inches)
- hot glue gun
- macrame decorative wood ring
- 4–6 mini wooden pegs
- Cut the macrame cord into 4 equal length strings of 1 m each.
- Measure 10 cm from one end of the string and tie a knot. Bead 3 of the wooden pearls onto the cord, letting them sit on the knot.
- Measure another 20 cm from the first knot and make a second knot. Bead 2 wooden pearls on the cord, letting them sit on the knot. (Repeat these steps for all 4 strings.)
- With a pencil mark 4 spots – with the same distance – on the inside of the wooden hoop.
- Tie the strings (the 10 cm we left at the bottom before the first knot) onto the markings. Remove any hangover and fasten with hot glue.
- Measure 20 cm from the second knot and wrap the strings through the bottom part of the wood ring – wrapping each around the bottom part. Measure your strings to ensure they are all the same length and then fasten with hot glue.
- Pull the strings up to the top part of the wood ring and wrap them through. Fasten with hot glue.
- Tie the ends into a knot and cut away the excess string.
- To hang herbs onto your herb drying rack, tie them into bundles with some twine and attach the twine to the mini wooden pegs, then clip your herbs onto the rack.
Keywords: wood herb drying rack, DIY herb drying rack, herb drying rack tutorial, ceiling herb drying rack