A buttery gingerbread flavoured bundt cake with candied orange
- 240g flour (2 cups)
- 180g white sugar (1 cup)
- 100g brown sugar (1/2 cup)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 and 1/2 teaspoons gingerbread spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 200g butter (7oz), melted and slightly cooled
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons molasses
- 125ml whole milk (1/2 cup)
- 2 teaspoons rum
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 50g cubed candied orange peel (1/3 cup)
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 180C (350F) and spray a bundt cake pan with non-stick spray.
- Combine the flour, white sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, gingerbread spice, cinnamon, cocoa powder and salt in a bowl and whisk until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs until frothy, then add the melted butter and molasses and mix until smooth. Then add the milk, rum and vanilla extract and mix once more.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry and gently mix until no flour specs remain. Fold in the candied orange peel.
- Fill the batter into the prepared bundt cake pan and bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool completely, (trim the bottom off if necessary) and dust with powdered sugar.