Creamy goat cheese filled croissants with crunchy walnuts: a salty-sweet appetizer.
- 2 round sheets of puff pastry, chilled
- 300g goat cheese (10.6 oz)
- 6 dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- 40g chopped walnuts (1/2 cup)
- 2 handful fresh parsley, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- Combine the goat cheese and dates in a food processor and blend until smooth. Fold in walnuts and parsley into the mixture and season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 200C (400F). Roll out the puff pastry sheets on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Using a pizza cutter or sharp knife, divide the dough into 8 equal triangles. (First make a cross and then divide each section once more diagonally.)
- Place about a tablespoon of filling onto each triangle and tightly roll from the bottom towards the tip. Be sure to roll the croissants as tightly as possible, to prevent the filling from oozing out as they bake.
- Then brush with the beaten egg and bake for about 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Let the croissants come to room temperature and serve.