A sweet and sour lemonade for hot summer days.
- 230g white granulated sugar* (1 and 1/4 cup)
- 250 ml freshly squeezed lemon juice, sieved (about 8 lemons)
- sparkling water
- ice cubes
- lemon slices for garnishing, optional
- mint leaves for garnishing, optional
- In a small sauce pan, combine the sugar and lemon juice and bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Let it simmer until the sugar crystals have completely dissolved.
- Fill into a clean glass bottle and let it cool completely, then store in the fridge.
- Add some of the syrup, ice cubes, lemon slices and mint to a pitcher and top with sparkling water. Stir und serve.
*See text above for tips on sugar substitutes.
The lemon syrup keeps up to 2 weeks in the fridge.
Keywords: lemonade, homemade lemonade, easy lemonade, how to make lemonade