A sweet and sour lemonade for hot summer days.
- 230g white granulated sugar (1 and 1/4 cup)
- 250ml freshly squeezed lemon juice, sieved (about 6 lemons)
- sparkling water
- optional, ice cubes
- optional, 2 organic lemons, cut into slices or triangles
- In a small sauce pan, add sugar and lemon juice and bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Your syrup is done when you rub it between your fingers and cannot feel any sugar granules anymore.
- Fill into a clean glass bottle and let it cool.
- To assemble, add a small amount of syrup to the each glass. Fill with ice cubes and lemon slices and pour sparkling water on top.
- Stir and serve.
This recipe yields 1 bottle of lemon syrup. Store the rest of the syrup in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.