Refreshing, sweet and delicious: this lemon balm syrup is a tasty drink for hot summer days.
- 250 g fresh lemon balm (8.8 oz)
- 2 organic lemons
- 1.5 l water (1.6 qt)
- 1.5 kg white granulated sugar (3.3 lbs)
- 30 g citric acid (1 oz)
- sterilized airtight bottles
- Fill the sink or a large bowl with water and wash the lemon balm. Pat it dry with a kitchen towel and remove any very thick stems. Wash the lemons and cut into slices.
- Add the water and sugar to a large pot and cook until it starts to boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and stir in the citric acid.
- Add the lemon balm stalks and the lemon slices. Let the mixture cool completely, then cover with a lid and let it infuse in a cool dark place for 48 h.
- Remove the lemon balm and lemon slices and pour through a cheese cloth into sterilized bottles.
Keywords: lemon balm syrup, lemon balm lemonade, homemade lemon balm syrup, how to make lemon balm syrup