A fluffy and moist zucchini bread with a tangy lemon flavour. Perfect for summer!
- 240g flour (2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 110g butter (1 stick), softened
- zest of 1 medium lemon*
- 80g white granulated sugar
- 80g brown sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- juice of 1 medium lemon
- 125ml whole milk (1/2 cup), room temperature
- 150g shredded zucchini (1 cup)
- powdered sugar and lemon slices for decorations
- Preheat your oven to 180C or 350F and spray a bread pan with non-stick spray.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl and stir with a whisk until well combined.
- In another bowl, beat the butter and lemon zest with a hand mixer until pale and fluffy, about 1 minute. Add the white granulated sugar, brown sugar and eggs and continue to beat for 2 minutes. Add in the lemon juice and milk and beat once more until well incorporated.
- Add the flour mixture to your wet mixture and gently mix with a whisk until no clumps remain. Be careful not to over-mix.
- Lastly add the shredded zucchini and, using a spatula, fold into your batter. Pour into the prepared bread pan and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let it cool completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and garnish with lemon slices as desired.
- *Be sure to use an organic lemon where the rind hasn’t been treated.