Crispy baked nachos, loaded with veggies and lots of cheese. The ultimate comfort food!
- 120g canned corn (1 cup)
- 250g canned kidney beans (1 and 1/2 cup)
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 spring onion
- 150g mature cheddar (5.3oz)
- 1 pckg tortilla chips (chili, bbq or cheese flavoured)
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- optional, 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- optional, sour cream and salsa for dipping
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 400°F and get out a casserole pan*.
- Drain and rinse the corn and kidney beans. Cut and wash the tomatoes and spring onion. Grate the cheddar.
- Combine the tortillia chips, corn, beans, tomatoes, spring onion and half of the cheddar in a pan and season with taco seasoning. Mix everything together and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling. Remove from the oven and add the diced avocado.
- Serve hot, with sour cream and salsa for dipping.
*I used a 30cm x 22cm pan (11.8 x 8.6 inches Loaded nachos need to be served hot and cannot be stored.