A refreshing twist to the traditional tiramisu
- 250g frozen or fresh raspberries (8.8oz)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons water or kirsch
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 vanilla bean
- 80g sugar (1/3 cup)
- 500g mascarpone, chilled (1.1 lb)
- 100g lady fingers (3.5oz)
- 150g fresh raspberries (5.3oz)
- optional: chocolate shavings
- For the raspberry sauce, bring the first two ingredients to a boil and cook until raspberries have broken down.
- Remove from heat and add in water or kirsch to thin the sauce a bit. Start with 2 tablespoons and add in more water if necessary.
- Puree in a blender. (Strain through a sieve to remove seeds if you wish.) Pour into a deep dish .
- For the mascarpone cream, slice the vanilla bean in half and scrape out the seeds into a bowl. Add egg yolks and whisk until fluffy.
- Add in the sugar and continue mixing. Next fold the mascarpone under the mixture until you have a smooth cream.
- To assemble, dip the lady fingers into the raspberry sauce for the first layer. Add more sauce to cover the bottom of the glass. Next add the cream and press some raspberries into the cream. Place the lady fingers on top of the raspberries and add raspberry sauce again. Add another layer of cream and garnish with lady fingers, raspberries and chocolate shavings.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours before serving.
This dessert is great for making ahead and serving on the next day. Store in the fridge for up to 3 days.