Creamy and nutritious, this roasted hazelnut milk makes a healthy treat.
- 300g hazelnuts, raw (2 cups)
- 960ml water (4 cups)
- 1 vanilla bean
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or sweetener of your choice)
- Roast hazelnuts for about 15min at 180°C or 350°F. Keep a close eye on them as they burn quickly. Let them cool.
- To remove the skins, rub them between your hands or in a dish towel. Skins should come off easily.
- Combine the water, hazelnuts, seeds of the vanilla bean, salt and maple syrup in a blender and blend until nuts are pulverized. (The time will vary depending on how strong your blender is)
- Optional: If you wish to strain, pour milk into a cheese cloth and squeeze out all the liquid into a bowl underneath. Or simply drink it as whole milk (it will be creamier this way)
Store in the fridge for up to 3 days.