This quick and easy vegan dish makes a flavourful and healthy dinner for those busy weeknights.
- 600g red bell peppers (21oz)
- 1 large yellow onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 250ml soy or oat milk (1 cup)
- 35g roasted unsalted cashews (1/4 cup)
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 4 springs fresh thyme
- 400g spaghetti (14oz)
- minced fresh parsley or herbs of choice for garnishing, optional
- Preheat your oven to 180C or 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Wash, halve and trim the red bell peppers.
- Place them on the prepared baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and roast for about 20 minutes or until slightly charred and soft.
- In the meantime, chop the onion and garlic and sauté with olive oil in a medium pan for 3 minutes or until soft and golden brown.
- In the last 10 minutes that the bell peppers are roasting, cook your noodles according to package instructions. Rinse and drain.
- Add the roasted bell peppers to a blender along with the sautéed onions and garlic, vegan milk, roasted cashews, salt, pepper, nutritional yeast and thyme and blend until smooth.
- Combine the noodles with the sauce, plate and garnish with herbs if using.
Roasted red pepper pasta tastes best fresh. If you have any leftovers store them in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Keywords: roasted red pepper pasta, vegan roasted red pepper pasta, vegan pasta dish