A creamy cashew and coconut layer infused with rose essence on top of crunchy dark chocolate.
- 250g dark vegan chocolate (8.8oz)
- 1 teaspoon cocoa butter or coconut oil
- 135g unsalted cashews* (1 cup)
- 70g unsweetened desiccated coconut (1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 240ml coconut milk (1 cup)
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons rose essence
- dried rose buds for garnishing
- Line a 12-cavity muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces and melt it over a double boiler or in the microwave along with the cocoa butter or coconut oil.**
- Pour the melted chocolate into the liners (1 tablespoon each) and freeze for 45 minutes or until solid.
- Combine the cashews, desiccated coconut, coconut oil, coconut milk, maple syrup and rose essence and blend until smooth and no chunks remain.
- Spoon the cream mixture on top of the frozen chocolate layer (1 heaping tablespoon each) and garnish with dried rose buds. Freeze for 1 hour and 30 minutes until solid.
- Gently peel the cupcake liners off. (Avoid touching the tops as this could create fingerprints.)
- Enjoy straight away or place the chocolate cups back into the freezer and store in an airtight container.
Let your rose infused chocolate cups sit out for about 5 minutes, to soften slightly, before enjoying.
*raw or roasted both work well here
**If melting the chocolate in the microwave, be sure nuke it in short intervals, checking on it regularly so it does not burn.
Store in the freezer in an airtight container for up to 4 weeks.