- Cut the soap base into small chunks.
- In a heat proof bowl, melt the soap base either in the microwave (short intervals making sure not to burn it) or over a double boiler until it is smooth and there are no chunks left.
- Stir in the rose geranium oil and soap coloring.
- Pour into molds, spray with rubbing alcohol to remove any air bubbles and if desired, sprinkle some dried rose petals onto the tops*.
- Let the soap harden completely. This takes about 3-4 hours, depending on the temperature in your home.
- Use immediately or store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place.
*The rose petals will discolor over time.