Creamy and delicious homemade strawberry ice cream
- 240ml whole milk (1 cup)
- 480ml heavy cream (2 cups)
- 4 egg yolks
- 150g white granulated sugar (3/4 cups)
- 1 tablespoon glucose
- 300g strawberries
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- In a medium sauce pan, bring milk and heavy cream to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Mix egg yolks and sugar together. Carefully warm the glucose syrup in the microwave to thin it out a bit, this will make measuring easier. Add it into the egg mixture.
- Then take about a cup of the hot milk mixture and slowly pour into the egg mixture, stirring constantly.
- Then pour everything into back into the sauce pan and cook over medium heat until mixture thickens slightly.
- Put into a cold water bath and stir until mixture reaches room temperature. Store in the fridge overnight.
- Cut strawberries into medium chunks and squeeze the lemon on top. Add the sugar. Chill in the fridge over night as well.
- Once everything has chilled, mash the strawberries and add into the base. Then add everything into your ice cream machine and churn according to its instructions.
- Eat immediately if you prefer a soft serve texture or freeze 3-4 hours for a more solid consistency.
Store the ice cream no longer than 3 days for the best taste. It is creamiest right after churning and will lose its creaminess the longer you store it.