The fluffiest vegan pancakes ever!
- 200g flour (1 and 1/2 cups)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 250 ml nut milk of choice or oat milk* (1 cup plus 1 tablespoon)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or vinegar
- egg-replacer for 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons oil, plus more for the pan
- Stir the milk and lemon juice together and let the mixture sit for at least 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix the dry ingredients with a whisk until well combined.
- Prepare the egg-replacer according to the package instructions.
- In a large bowl, mix the wet ingredients with a whisk until well combined.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and stir gently, just until no flour specs remain, being careful not to overmix.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and when hot add 2 tablespoons of batter for each pancake. Fry until golden brown on each side.
- Add toppings of your choice and enjoy!
*Pancakes taste best with hazelnut milk or any other nut-based milk. Oat milk works well too.
Keywords: buttermilk pancakes, breakfast, brunch, vegan pancakes, pancakes