a lovely creamy and sweet soup, perfect for cold weather days
- 600g (21oz) sweet potatoes
- 2 large carrots
- 3 leeks
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil or butter
- 2 teaspoons vegetable broth powder
- 1.2l (40.5 fl oz) water
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional: bacon bits and cress
- Peel and cut the sweet potatoes, wash and cut the carrots and leeks into medium size pieces.
- Heat the oil or butter in a large pot and once hot sauté the leeks for about 2 minutes, until fragrant. Add in the rest of the chopped vegetables, broth powder and water. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Let it cook for about 25 minutes, until the vegetables or soft.
- Then season with nutmeg, salt and pepper and puree in a blender until smooth.
- Optional: Garnish with bacon bits and cress
- Store in the refridgerator for up to 5 days.
- Serving Size: 6