creamy and delicious, perfect for cold weather days
- 600g sweet potatoes (1.3 lb)
- 2 large carrots
- 150 g leeks (5.6 oz)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1.2 l vegetable broth (5 cups)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
- vegan cream
- lemon or chili oil
- curried cashews (recipe below)
- fresh coriander, chopped
- Peel and cut the sweet potatoes and carrots into bite sized pieces. Roughly chop the leeks.
- Heat the oil in a large pot and once hot, sauté the leeks for about 2 minutes, until soft. Add in the rest of the chopped vegetables and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer.
- Let it the vegetables cook for about 15 minutes, until tender. (In the meantime, make the curried cashews.)
- Add to a blender, along with cumin, nutmeg, salt and pepper and blend until smooth. (Or use an immersion blender.)
- Serve in bowls and garnish with vegan cream, lemon or chili oil, curried cashews and fresh coriander.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days, or freeze (see instructions in the post).
Keywords: sweet potato soup, soup, vegan cream soup, leek soup