A wonderful crispy crust loaded with two types of cheese and sweet red onions.
- 220g flour (1 and 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 115ml water (1/2 cup)
- 2 medium red onions
- 200g feta cheese (7oz)
- 150g cream cheese (2/3 cups)
- 8–10 fresh sage leaves
- fresh rosemary
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt and olive oil. Then add in the water and mix everything together with a fork or your hands until you have a smooth dough. The dough should be elastic and not stick to your hands. If it’s too sticky, add some more flour.
- Shape it into a disc and wrap it tightly in plastic foil. Let it sit out at room temperature for 30 min.
- In the last 10 min, preheat your oven to 220°C or 430°F and start preparing the toppings.
- Cut the onions into slices, as thin as you can and put into a small bowl and set aside. Then crumble your feta and put into another bowl and set aside.
- On a floured surface, roll out your dough, to the shape of your baking tray. Be sure to flour your rolling pin as well so the dough won’t stick to it.The thinner you roll it out, the crispier it will be.
- Then spread the cream cheese on top, add the sliced onions, herbs and lastly the crumbled feta. Bake for about 20 min or until the sides are golden brown. Serve while hot, drizzled with honey.
You can easily make the dough ahead of time and store in the fridge for up to 2 days. Simply wrap the dough disc into plastic wrap tightly and store. Let it come back to room temperature before rolling it out.