Super creamy and delicious, without any dairy!
- 500g carrots (1.1lb)
- 1 large onion
- 2 teaspoon coconut oil
- 600ml vegetable stock
- 2cm fresh ginger (0.8 inches)
- 240ml full fat coconut milk (1 cup)
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 teaspoons coconut cream
- fresh parsley, minced
- Wash, peel and roughly chop the carrots. Chop the onion into large chunks.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pot and add the onions. Sauté for about 2min, until onions become translucent. Add the carrots and sauté for another minute.
- Add the vegetable stock and cook for about 15 minutes on medium heat, until the carrots are soft.
- When opening the can of coconut milk, save 4 teaspoons of the cream for garnishing later.
- Pour the soup into your blender and add ginger, coconut milk, cumin, salt and pepper. Puree until smooth.
- Garnish with coconut cream and parsley and serve.
Store the soup in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.