Looking for some heart-shaped treats without the hassle? Look no further! These vegan puff pastry hearts with cream cheese filling and raspberries are incredibly easy to make.
- 300g vegan cream cheese*
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 1/2 tablespoons powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 sheet vegan puff pastry dough (275g)
- 7 cm wide heart shaped cookie cutter
- some vegan heavy cream for brushing
- 300g fresh raspberries (opt for smaller ones if possible)
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Add the cream cheese and vanilla extract to a bowl and sieve the powdered sugar on top. Beat for about 2 minutes with an electric hand mixer, until the mixture is fluffy. Chill in the fridge while continuing with the puff pastry.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (350F). Let the puff pastry warm up for about 5 minutes on the kitchen counter before unrolling it, to prevent cracks.
- Unroll it and cut out 24 hearts, placing them on baking sheets fitted with parchment paper. Brush each heart with some vegan heavy cream – wait with brushing the other sheets right before baking.
- Bake in the preheated oven (I prefer to bake the sheets one at a time for even browning, keeping the other ones chilled in the meantime) for about 12-15 minutes, until golden brown. Let them cool completely.
- Carefully slice in half with a serrated knife. Fill the cream cheese mixture into a piping bag fitted with a large tip (I used the Wilton 108 tip) and pipe onto one half of the heart.
- Place 3 raspberries on top and close with the other half, pressing it down a bit very gently.
- Store in the fridge for at least 6 hours, or preferably overnight to soften the puff pastry and dust with powdered sugar right before serving.
*One suitable for baking – preferably almond-based.
Keywords: puff pastry hearts, vegan puff pastry hearts, valentines day hearts, vegan valentines day hearts, filled puff pastry hearts, vegan filled puff pastry hearts