A flavorful vegan pesto with wild garlic, lemons and cashews
- 200g wild garlic leaves (7 oz)
- 120g unsalted roasted cashews (1 cup)
- 6–8 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- zest of 1–2 untreated lemons
- 240 ml good quality olive oil (1 cup)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash the wild garlic leaves and thoroughly dry them using a salad spinner or pat them dry them with a kitchen towel.
- Add all the ingredients – but only half the olive oil – to a food processor and mix until you have small chunks.
- While the processor is running, slowly add in the rest of the olive oil and continue mixing until you have your desired consistency.
- Taste and add more salt or pepper if needed.
To store your pesto, add it to a clean glass jar and top it off with a bit of olive oil. This prevents discoloring and mold growth.
Pesto keeps well for several months in the fridge or even freezes well.
Keywords: vegan pesto, vegan wild garlic pesto, wild garlic pesto