Tall, soft and fluffy muffins with a tangy cream cheese filling.
- 240g flour (2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 200g white granulated sugar (1 cup)
- 100ml oil (1/2 cup)
- 60ml milk (1/4 cup), room temperature
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 125g finely grated zucchini (1 cup)
Cream Cheese Filling
- 110g cream cheese (1/2 cup), room temperature
- 2 tablespoons white granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 200C or 400F and spray a 12-count muffin tin with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Whisk until everything is well combined.
- In a seperat bowl, whisk together the sugar and oil. Add in the milk, eggs and vanilla and continue mixing until well combined. Then fold in the grated zucchini.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and fold everything together with a spatula just until no flour specs remain.
- For the cream cheese filling, combine all the ingredients together, stirring until smooth.
- Fill the muffin tins with 1 tablespoon batter, then add 1 teaspoon cream cheese filling on top and cover with batter until tins are 3/4 full.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 200C (400F) and then turn the temperature down to 180C (350F) and bake for an additional 13-15 minutes. Muffins should be done after 18-20 minutes total.
- Let them cool before removing them from the muffin tin.
Store cupcakes in an airtight container for up to 2 days at room temperature or up to 5 days in the fridge. Or freeze, wrapped tightly with plastic wrap and stored in a ziplock bag, for up to 3 months.