A super quick and incredibly delicious dinner recipe that you can make in a pinch. Comfort food in 30 minutes.
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 250ml marinara sauce (1 cup)
- filling of your choice: e.g. cherry tomatoes, corn and grated cheese
- 1 egg
- grated cheese for sprinkling
- Roll out the puff pastry dough and preheat your oven to 200C or 400F.
- Spread a layer of marinara sauce onto the puff pastry dough.
- Add fillings of your choice and tightly roll up, widthwise.
- Whisk an egg and lightly brush the calzone with it. Use the leftovers for another recipe.
- Sprinkle with a generous amount of cheese and bake for about 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let it cool slightly before slicing and serve hot or at room temperature.
My puff pastry dough was rather small, that’s why the recipe only serves 2 people. Double or triple if making for more people.
Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.