A flavourful homemade jam packed with fresh apricots and just the right amount of sugar.
- 1kg ripe apricots (35.3oz)
- 300g white granulated sugar (10.6oz)
- 1pkg 3:1 pectin
- glass jars
- Sterilize the glass jars by bringing a pot of water to a boil and pouring it into the glass jars and over the lids. Let the water cool a bit and then carefully, using oven mitts, remove the water and shake off any excess from the lids.
- Wash and cut the apricots and remove the pits. Puree them in a blender and transfer them to a big pot.
- Add the sugar and pectin and bring everything to a boil, stirring occasionally to prevent the jam from burning.
- Boil the jam for 10 minutes, or until it has gelled. (Test this by placing a small amount on a plate and letting it sit for 1-2 minutes. Tilt the plate and see if the jam runs down the side of the plate. If it stays put, it’s ready. If it is still runny, cook the jam for a few more minutes)
- Use a funnel to pour the jam into your prepared glass jars. Close the jars immediately as tightly as possible.
- Let the jam cool completely before storing.
- Yields 6x 150ml glass jars (5oz)
- Store in a cool and dark place.