Boozy chocolate truffles with coconut and hazelnut
- 1 stick butter (115g), softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar (110g)
- 3.5 oz dark chocolate (100g), finely grated
- 1 and 1/4 cups desiccated coconut (120g)
- 1 cup ground roasted hazelnuts* (100g)
- 5 tablespoons rum
- chocolate sprinkles, desiccated coconut and ground roasted hazelnuts* for rolling
- Beat the butter and vanilla in a mixing bowl for 1 minute. Sieve in the powdered sugar and continue beating for 2 minutes.
- Add the grated chocolate, desiccated coconut, ground hazelnuts and rum and mix everything together with a fork or your hands. Chill the mixture for at least 2 hours in the fridge.
- Roll about 12g of the mixture into a ball with your hands and then roll in the chocolate sprinkles/desiccated coconut or ground hazelnuts.
- Let the truffles chill a bit before serving and store in the fridge.
*If you cannot find ground roasted hazelnuts at the supermarket, you can buy ground hazelnuts and roast them yourself. Simply heat them in a non-stick pan, stirring often until they are golden brown and fragrant.
Truffles taste even better on the second day.
Store the truffles in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Keywords: rum truffles, chocolate truffles, vegan truffles