Simple, beautiful and inexpensive – these DIY ornamental grass candles require minimal materials and are incredibly easy to make.
- candles of choice
- dried ornamental grass and/or flowers of choice*
- parchment paper
- hot glue gun
- Position your dried greenery onto the candle. Carefully lay a piece of parchment on top.
- Run the hot iron over the parchment paper to melt the wax underneath.
- Once your greenery has adhered to the candles, slowly peel off the parchment paper. (Make sure to always use a fresh piece of parchment paper when continuing with the other candles, to avoid getting wax onto the greenery.)
- Wrap the yarn around the bottom of the candles several times, cut and fasten the end with a dab of hot glue.
*See tips in text above on how to dry plants
Never leave burning candles unattended.
Keywords: ornamental grass candles, DIY pressed flower candles, DIY pressed grass candles