Rich, creamy, boozy eggnog truffles
- 400g of white couverture
- 130ml eggnog
- 50g butter
- 300g white couverture
- 34 white chocolate capsules
- edible decor snowflakes (optional)
- Chop 150g of couverture into small pieces and put into a heat-proof bowl.
- In a small saucepan, heat the eggnog until it boils and stir in the butter until melted. Then pour the hot mixture over the chopped couverture and stir until no clumps remain.
- Chill for a minimum of 4h.
- After chilled, beat it with an electric hand-mixer until light and fluffy.
- Fill it into a piping bag fitted with a Wilton 4 round tip.
- Pipe the filling into the capsules, leaving a rim on the top and let it set (preferably in a cool place).
- Next melt the rest of the white chocolate in an electric chocolate melter or over a double boiler.
- With a teaspoon, close the openings of the capsules with a dab of couverture. Let them set in a cold place.
- Finally dip each capsule into the melted couverture (making sure to work fast and not leaving them in the melted couverture too long). Before the chocolate cools, decorate each truffle with an edible snowflake, if desired.
- Let them cool completely until firm.
- Store these truffles in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.