A rich and nourishing body butter with the wonderful scent of lavender.
Happy weekend everybody! I’m excited for Saturday to be here because today marks the official start of me doing my drivers license. I know you’re probably thinking that I’m a little old to be doing my drivers license since most people start when they are a teenager. But in the past I have never found the right time (or had the finances) to do it, so it had to wait until now.
But the day is finally here and I am very excited (and a tad nervous) to be doing this. I think that there are two possible outcomes for me as a driver. 1). I’ll be as cautious driving as I am with everything else and I’ll take traffic laws very seriously. 2). I’ll take after my mother and take speed signs as suggestions.
Let’s hope it will be scenario number one.
But getting back to the real topic here- this gorgeous fluffy body butter. The texture of this body butter is simply insane. It’s like frosting, whipped to a creamy and airy consistency. (Am I the only one who is craving cake after that sentence?) But do not let the light and airy texture fool you. This is not a light moisturizer. It is rather quite the opposite. In fact, this is probably the richest body butter I have ever used in my life.
This body butter is perfect for very dry and irritated skin. If you have dry legs after shaving or dry elbows and knees you are going to love this. You can use this everywhere, apart from your face. It’s just too heavy for the delicate skin on your face. But it’s great for legs, arms, cuticles,..
Now let’s take a look at the ingredients used in this body butter.
- Shea butter: contains allantoin which helps with irritated skin, scars, and cell regeneration, replaces lost oils ensuring soft and supple skin
- Sweet almond oil: naturally contains vitamin E, very moisturizing, mild and thus great for irritated skin
- Coconut oil: promotes collagen formation, seals in moisture, protects and nourishes the skin
- Vitamin E oil: antioxidant- protects against free radicals and other environmental damages, prevents the other oils from going rancid
- Honey: hydrating and anti-inflammatory
- Lavender essential oil: calming, relaxing
- Cornstarch: combats the greasiness of the oils
And those are all the ingredients needed to make a wonderful moisturizing body butter. No preservatives, fillers or artificial scents! Wohoo!
I prefer using this body butter in the late evening before going to sleep. This way it has time to sink in during the night and I wake up with hydrated and soft skin. If you give this body butter a try, let me know in the comment section down below! 🙂
A rich and moisturising body butter with the soothing scent of lavender.
- In a double boiler, melt the shea butter and coconut oil. Then mix in the sweet almond oil and vitamin e oil. Let the mixture chill in the fridge for about 1 hour or until slightly solid.
- Then add the the cornstarch, honey and lavender oil and whip with a handmixer until soft and fluffy (like frosting) for about 3-5 minutes.
- Store in a clean glass jar in a cool and dry place.
The shelf life of this body butter is about 12 months.
To prevent bacteria from getting into your body butter, use a clean spoon to scoop it out.
Start off with a pea size portion and use more if necessary. Keep in mind that homemade body butters are always more oily than store bought versions because they contain no water or fillers.