Peppermint Bath Bombs
Diy color striped bath bombs that are easy to make and fizz up wonderfully in the bathtub.
It’s barely Tuesday and I already feel the need for another weekend. Since I work from home and don’t have normal work hours it can easily happen that I work through the weekend and forget to actually take some time off. All the more it is important to take time to de-stress and do something other apart from work. My absolutely favorite way to do that is by taking a warm bath with scented candles and classical music in the background…cause when I take a bath I go all out. 😉
Lately I have found great joy in creating my own diy beauty products since I love trying out new things, especially when I’m in control of the ingredients that are put inside. Bath bombs are a great beauty diy for newbies since they easily come together and don’t require any rare ingredients you might not find. In fact, I got most of the ingredients needed from Amazon eg. epsom salt and essential oil.
For this project you will also need some ingredients from your kitchen, namely baking soda, citric acid and food coloring. I used my Wilton gel food colors that I normally use for baking. To achieve a soft turquoise color, I mixed Wilton Sky Blue with Wilton Leaf Green. Keep in mind that these are very intense colors, thus you want to use tiny amounts and slowly add more if necessary.
After combining all the dry ingredients in a bowl you want to separate the mixture into two bowls. One half will stay white and the other will be colored turquoise. Then slowly, in fact, I mean VERY SLOWLY mix the wet ingredients into both bowls. Be careful to not let the mixture fizz up too much. Combine with a fork until you have the consistency of wet sand. The mixture should not be too wet but also not too dry.
Take your mold and begin layering the colors. Press every layer firmly into the molds before adding another layer. Then let the bath bombs dry overnight. Once they have completely dried store them in an airtight container. Or use immediately for a relaxing bath. See how wonderful they fizz up!Print
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl stirring with a whisk. Separate the mixture in half.
- Mix 1/2 teaspoon of water, 1 teaspoon of oil and food coloring and set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine 1/2 teaspoon of water, 1 teaspoon of oil and a few drops peppermint essential oil.
- Slowly pour the turquoise mixture in half of the dry mixture and mix with a fork to get out any lumps.
- Then slowly pour the clear mixture into the other half of the dry mixture and mix with a fork to get out any lumps.
- Layer the two mixtures into silicone molds, alternating the colors and firmly pressing down each layer.
- Let the bath bombs dry overnight. Once fully dried, store in an airtight container.
Store in an airtight container, away from sunlight and humidity.
MORE FROM MY SITE
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, but these are all products I highly recommend. I won’t put anything on this page that I haven’t verified and/or personally used.