Homemade Cheese Crackers
Perfect as a late night snack with a glass of red, these crackers contain 0 carbs but are super crispy and delicious. Goodbye chips, hello cheese crackers!
These crackers are made with 3 ingredients, yes only 3 simple ingredients and taste so amazing that it’s almost unbelievable. I mean seriously, how can cheese turn into something so wonderful (within just 10 minutes baking time) that you would be willing to ditch a bag of chips for it? We do have a bag of chips sitting in our pantry but ever since I made these crackers they have been left untouched. Now that says a lot.
Making this crunchy snack does not require much skill, or even time. You also don’t need any special cooking equipment, because these are darn simple. I wanted to make them a little more fancy, so I used a cookie cutter to make them all round and the same size, but if that’s too much work for you, feel free to just eyeball it. Sprinkle them with black pepper before popping them into the oven or use your favorite herbs.
What is the best way to enjoy these? You can munch on them as a snack with your favorite wine, or you can add them as a crunchy addition to a platter of cold cuts. I served these alongside an assortment of cheeses, grapes, spread, antipasto and some baguette. If you are planning to entertain, you can make these a couple of days ahead and store them in an airtight container to keep them crispy. I promise you, any cheese lover will love these!Print
Crunchy goodness without the carbs!
- 90g grated parmesan (1 cup)
- 50 grated cheddar (1/2 cup)
- freshly ground black pepper and/or herbs
- Preheat your oven to 200°C or 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the parmesan and the cheddar.
- Take a round cookie cutter and place onto your baking sheet (or just eyeball it). Sprinkle a small amount of grated cheese into the cookie cutter and remove. Pat down, making sure you only have a thin layer of cheese.
- Sprinkle with black pepper or herbs of your choice and bake for 10 minutes. About halfway through, take out the sheet and pat away any excess grease on the top of the crackers and put back into the oven.
- Turn the oven off after the 10 minutes are up but leave in the hot oven for about 3-5 minutes, keeping an eye on them so they don’t burn. This really helps them to crisp up.
- Take them out and let them cool completely.
Store in an airtight container for up to a week, outside the fridge.
MORE FROM MY SITE
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, but these are all products I highly recommend. I won’t put anything on this page that I haven’t verified and/or personally used.