Goat Cheese Croissants with Walnuts
Buttery croissants filled with goat cheese and crunchy walnuts: a salty-sweet appetizer.
I hope you are enjoying the holidays and Santa has brought you everything on your wish list! 🙂 If you are looking for a last-minute appetizer to make for your guests on New Years Eve, look no further. I got a super easy recipe for you that is incredibly delicious and will impress your party guests. These buttery croissants filled with a goat cheese cream, that is sweetened with dates and seasoned with fresh parsley, are the perfect combo of a sweet and savory treat.
If you are the kind of person who loves chocolate dipped pretzels, waffles with bacon on the side or cheese and yam sandwiches, you’ll certainly love these salty-sweet croissants. Furthermore, the crunchy walnuts add an interesting texture which elevates the flavor of this delicious appetizer.
You don’t need much to make these goat cheese and walnut croissants, only some store-bought puff pastry and 5 other ingredients (not counting the egg we need for brushing our croissants), a pizza cutter and a brush. To make the goat cheese cream, you can either use an immersion blender or a food processor; both work well. The trickiest part (though it’s not very tricky to be honest) is rolling your croissants. You want to make sure to roll them as tightly as you can, so they hold the filling as they bake. The rest is super easy.
I initially made some step-by-step photos for this recipe, which I somehow managed to delete while exporting them to my laptop. Not one of my best moments! Unfortunately something that happens easily though, when you push a photoshoot to the last moment and rush to get the post out. However, I realized that this recipe doesn’t really need photos of the making, since it’s very simple. So I went ahead and decided to post these croissants without making-of photos.
So while we are on the topic of last-minute things, I hope you give these quick goat cheese croissants with walnuts a try. They are perfect for stress-free entertaining, as they come together super quick, and you don’t have to worry about keeping them warm, as they are served at room temperature. Put them on a nice tray and serve them with a glass of champagne or prosecco and you got yourself a nice little appetizer.
Wishing you a wonderful New Year!Print
Creamy goat cheese filled croissants with crunchy walnuts: a salty-sweet appetizer.
- 2 round sheets of puff pastry, chilled
- 300g goat cheese (10.6 oz)
- 6 dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- 40g chopped walnuts (1/2 cup)
- 2 handful fresh parsley, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- Combine the goat cheese and dates in a food processor and blend until smooth. Fold in walnuts and parsley into the mixture and season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 200C (400F). Roll out the puff pastry sheets on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Using a pizza cutter or sharp knife, divide the dough into 8 equal triangles. (First make a cross and then divide each section once more diagonally.)
- Place about a tablespoon of filling onto each triangle and tightly roll from the bottom towards the tip. Be sure to roll the croissants as tightly as possible, to prevent the filling from oozing out as they bake.
- Then brush with the beaten egg and bake for about 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Let the croissants come to room temperature and serve.
MORE FROM MY SITE
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, but these are all products I highly recommend. I won’t put anything on this page that I haven’t verified and/or personally used.