Small but decadent, these little bites are the perfect addition to any cheese platter or can be served solely as an impressive appetizer.
Cheese platters are a regular in our house. When I don’t know what to make for dinner that day, I would just take out all the cheese we have, some antipasto, different types of oils and fresh bread and voila I have a beautiful platter to serve which looks like I had planned it all along. My husband loved the idea so much that we even had a massive cheese platter for his birthday party. The only downside was the costs. It is quite difficult to do something like that on a budget. Feeding over 15 people with cheese does get quite expensive. Nevertheless everybody loved it and I was glad we were able to do it.
When preparing a cheese platter I love adding some homemade touches to it, so that not everything on the plate is store bought. Just like these crispy cheese crackers which are done in no time. The great thing is that you do not need to spend a great deal of time making these treats and yet they give any platter the perfect homemade touch. It just lets your guests know that you really put some thought into it.
But even if you aren’t doing a cheese platter and you would just like to serve your guests a small appetizer before their meal, these salty sweet bites are a real treat. Plus like I mentioned they don’t require a lot of preparation time, which is a great bonus.Print
Cream Cheese Pistachio Bites
Sweet and savory cream cheese pistachio bites
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 12
- 50g shelled pistachios
- 150g cream cheese, chilled
- 12 red grapes
- Place the pistachios in a ziplock bag, and using a spoon, crush the pistachios into small pieces and put into a deep plate.
- Cut out a square piece of plastic wrap (about the size of your hand) and place a dab of cream cheese inside the middle. Place a grape into the cream cheese and fold the wrap around the grape so it is evenly coated with cream cheese.
- Unfold the plastic wrap and carefully place the ball into the pistachios and roll until it is evenly coated.
- Chill the bites before serving.
Make these on the same day you are planning to serve them.