A light, airy and creamy peanut butter chocolate pie that is made with homemade peanut butter, mascarpone and whipped cream. While this pie requires several different steps, none of them need to be baked. Just pop it into your fridge for 4 hours and then enjoy!
We celebrated my brother’s birthday last weekend and that meant only one thing- I had to come up with a peanut butter dessert! Saying that my brother adores peanut butter would be an understatement. I think he breathes that stuff. So I got busy in my kitchen experimenting with the yummiest of ingredients. To make a really good pie, you need really good ingredients. For the ganache definitely use baking chocolate with a high percentage of cocoa for the best results. If you’re feeling particularly motivated make the peanut butter yourself! Here you can find out how to.
This pie had my whole family swooning. No wonder, because of these delicious layers:
…peanut butter and mascarpone
…and oreo crust
Are you drooling yet? No judgment here! 😉
Now lets talk decorations. To decorate this pie I tried a piping bag vs. a squeeze bottle. I found that both create nice lines on the pie, so use whichever you prefer. Then sprinkle some roasted peanuts and semi-sweet chocolate chips on the sides and you have a beautiful and delicious pie. A slight warning- this pie is really rich so cut it into thin slivers for guests! (Not like the huge piece I cut out ;))
A rich, creamy and indulgent pie made with peanut butter, Oreos, mascarpone and heavy cream.
- 250g Oreo cookies (19 cookies)
- 80g butter (5 and 1/2 tablespoons), melted
- 100g high quality chocolate (3.5oz)
- 75ml heavy cream (1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons)
- 250ml heavy cream (1 cup), chilled
- 1 sachet whipped cream stabilizer
- 230g peanut butter (1 cup)
- 250 mascarpone (1 cup)
- 65g powdered sugar (1/2 cup)
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 65g chocolate (1/3 cup), melted
- roasted peanuts
- chocolate chips
- Crush Oreos and melted butter into small pieces in a food processor
- Spread into a pie pan, either using the back of a spoon or your hands press it into the pan. Chill in the fridge while making the ganache.
- For the ganache, chop the chocolate into fine pieces and put into a heat proof bowl. Bring 75ml of heavy cream to a boil and pour over the chopped chocolate. Stir until everything is dissolved and smooth.
- Pour the ganache over the crust and chill in the fridge for 20min.
- In the meantime, whip 250ml of whipped cream with a sachet of whipped cream stabilizer until peaks form.
- Combine peanut butter, mascarpone and sugar and mix with a hand-mixer unitl well combined.
- Gently fold the whipped cream under the mixture and pour everything into the pie pan.
- For the decorations, pipe strips of peanut butter and melted chocolate horizontally and vertically over the pie and garnish sides with peanuts and chocolated chips.
- Chill for 4 hours in the fridge
Store pie in the fridge for up to 3 days.