Summer Couscous Salad
A delicious and lemony couscous salad with crunchy summer veggies, feta cheese and fresh herbs.
When I think of summer I think of lemonade, summer hats, flowers in bloom and couscous salad. Couscous salad is especially delicious in the summer when so many colourful vegetables are in season. Ripe tomatoes, fresh cucumber and sweet red onions are all delicious add-ins used in this seasonal couscous salad. To give the salad a zing, we are also adding lemon juice and feta cheese. For a fresh flavour we are seasoning it with mint, parsley and chives. And let’s not forget adding a crunchy element! Toasted sunflower seeds aren’t just tasty, they are also packed with healthy fats to keep you full longer. This salad is a truly a great source of vitamins and fibre!
There are so many reasons to give this couscous salad a try. Here are a few:
- incredibly flavourful
- packed with vitamins and fibre
- quick (no cooking required!)
- can be made ahead
- not too heavy
- picnic approved
As I mentioned, couscous salad is a great meal for summer because it’s not too heavy. You can enjoy this on a hot day without feeling tired or weighed down afterwards. What I also really love about it is how it tastes wonderful slightly chilled or at room temperature. This makes it a great meal to bring along on your next picnic. You can portion it into Tupperware containers or glass jars and enjoy it on top of a hill. No need to chill or cut it!
If you give this couscous salad a try, let me know in the comment section down below. I always love hearing from you guys.Print
a zingy and refreshing couscous salad with summer veggies and herbs
- 180 ml water (3/4 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- juice of 1 lemon
- 180g couscous (1 cup)
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1/2 English cucumber
- 1 small red onion
- 1 handful flat-leaf parsley
- 1 handful chives
- 2 stems mint
- 100g feta cheese or vegan feta cheese* (3.5oz)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 handful toasted sunflower seeds
- In a medium pot, bring water to a boil. Remove from heat and add in salt, garlic powder, lemon juice as well as the couscous. Cover with a lid and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, dice the tomatoes, cucumber, and red onion. Chop the parsley, chives and mint into fine pieces.
- Fluff up the couscous with a fork. Add the diced vegetables and herbs. Crumble feta cheese over the salad and add olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with toasted sunflower seeds and serve at room temperature.
*Such as from Violife
Store in an airtight container in the fridge up to 3 days.
MORE FROM MY SITE
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, but these are all products I highly recommend. I won’t put anything on this page that I haven’t verified and/or personally used.