Sometime keeping it simple is best. Like these toasted slivered almonds coated in chocolate. Crunchy and chocolaty!
Today I want to share a super quick and easy chocolate recipe with you. It doesn’t take longer than 15 minutes and there are 3 different variations you can make. The best thing is- you only need 3 ingredients! Almonds by themselves are great, but add some butter and chocolate and you got yourself little piles of deliciousness. If you’re in a hurry but want to make a gift for someone (or treat yourself to something ;)), these chocolate almond clusters are for you!
This is a family recipe which my grandma has made, my mom has made…and now I am making. We all love it so much due to it’s simplicity and yet amazing flavor. Plus, another thing the three of us all agree on, is that the version with white chocolate is the best one. Now I don’t want to talk smack about the other two versions, they are great as well. Definitely try those too. I especially enjoy making all three kinds- white, milk and dark because it’s not much extra work and it makes a great presentation.
This is not the first time I mention it, but it’s so important that I really must. Don’t use chocolate chips or “low quality” chocolate for dipping. Use couverture which melts way better and has a beautiful glossy sheen due to a higher fat content. Oh and it also tastes better, trust me.
- 100g dark/milk/white couverture (3.5oz)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 100g slivered almonds
- Start by chopping the couverture into small pieces and melt over a double broiler or electric chocolate melter.
- While it's melting, melt the butter in pan over medium high heat.
- Add in the slivered almonds and roast until fragrant and browned (not burnt!).
- Add the almonds into the melted chocolate and stir until they are evenly coated.
- With a teaspoon form little piles of almond clusters and set on parchment paper.
- Let the chocolate cool completely.
- Store these in the fridge for up to 4 weeks.