Vanilla Honey Butter
Creamy whipped honey butter infused with vanilla.
Today’s recipe brings back a lot of great childhood memories. My mom used to make honey butter toast for my brother and me a lot growing up. It would usually be some kind of healthy bread (my mom was always trying to opt for the healthier version of something, much to our dismay) with a generous layer of butter, topped off with clover honey. While my mom was getting my things packed for school I would gobble it up for breakfast. For me, a honey butter toast reminds me of playing outside in the garden with my tiny plastic toy animals, playing pranks on my parents together with my mischievous brother and family get-togethers in our small wooden kitchen.
Even if honey butter isn’t what your childhood dreams were made up of, you will still fall in love with this delicious treat on the first bite. The creamy butter with a generous amount of sweet honey and 1 whole vanilla bean, whipped into a light airy spread, will have you swooning (and licking the spoon).
While you may be tempted to eat this right out of the bowl (#beentheredonethat), the honey butter tastes wonderful on various breads and baked goods. Try it with
- fresh bread
- Easter bread
- banana bread, zucchini bread or any other quick bread
- dinner rolls
The sky’s the limit!
If you try this quick and delicious honey butter, let me know in the comment section down below! I always love hearing from you guys. ♥Print
delicious whipped honey butter infused with vanilla
- 250g butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 1 vanilla bean
- pinch of salt
- 3 generous tablespoons honey*
- Slice the vanilla bean in half lengthwise and scrape out the seeds.
- Whip the butter, vanilla and salt for 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add in the honey and continue whipping for another minute until well incorporated.
- Sprinkle with a bit of honey and serve.
- *I prefer using creamed honey as opposed to regular honey because the flavour is less pungent. But the recipe works with both.
- Store the honey butter in an airtight container in the fridge.
MORE FROM MY SITE
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, but these are all products I highly recommend. I won’t put anything on this page that I haven’t verified and/or personally used.