Cozy, sweet and creamy pumpkin spice latte, without dairy or additives…simply homemade!
Lately I’ve been pretty successful with not making any unnecessary purchases. I haven’t bought new clothes, lipsticks or coffee at Starbucks. *Pats herself on the back* I find that having certain goals in mind when saving money helps a lot. Most of us are constantly saving up for something e.g. a house, a new car, vacation,.. or maybe even a kick-ass lens, ahem, those are quite expensive! It really helps to internalize these goals in order to not spend too much on other things. So that is what I have been doing. Thus any trips to Starbucks have currently been put on hold.
But how I do miss those frothy, sugar loaded and cozy drinks! I clearly did not want to spend the cold months missing out on them, so I decided to make them at home from now on. I was surprised at how easy it is to create your own amazing Starbucks inspired drinks at home. Plus I love the fact that you can tailor your drink to your wishes- more cinnamon, less sugar, different coffee kinds,…there are so many different variations you can make!
Today I decided on a coconut pumpkin spice latte that also happens to be vegan. It’s funny how I’m not a vegan (we only do 1 vegan day per week) but a lot of my recipes have become vegan such as these delicious cookies. The majority of the vegan recipes on my blog happened purely by accident, as I am experimenting in my kitchen I don’t even notice that I am omitting these ingredients. Same with this pumpkin spice latte here. But the creamy and delicious outcome proves that you really not need any dairy to create a frothy, creamy drink.
So for all those vegan and non-vegan pumpkin lovers out there- skip your next trip to Starbucks and try this version at home instead!
Bonus: Garnish with a cinnamon stick or pretty anise stars and give yourself a well deserved pat on the back.Print
Coconut Pumpkin Spice Latte
creamy, frothy, sweet and warming…perfect for fall!
- Prep Time: 3
- Cook Time: 5
- Total Time: 8
- Yield: 2
- 1 can of coconut milk (400ml)
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons vanilla sugar
- 2 servings strongly brewed coffee
- optional: cinnamon sticks or anise stars
- Leave a can of coconut milk (full fat) in the refridgerator over night. The next day, scoop the top layer (the cream) out and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, cook the pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice and cinnamon until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Stir constantly.
- Add the coconut milk and vanilla sugar and stir until everything is combined and almost boiling. Transfer to a blender and blend until frothy.
- Add the coffee to the glasses, then the pumpkin spice coconut milk and then top it off with the coconut cream.
- Optional: Garnish with cinnamon sticks or anise stars
- Serve hot.
- Serving Size: 2