Coconut Wild Garlic Soup
Diesen Beitrag gibt es auch auf Deutsch
This creamy and healthy coconut wild garlic soup is a delicious way to enjoy the green leafy perennial.
Coconut and wild garlic are a match made in heaven. These two work together so well, it’s like they were meant to be eaten together. They balance each other out nicely, as the pungent wild garlic cuts through the richness of the coconut milk. Not only is this dish delicious, it is also vegan, nutritious (wild garlic is chock-full of vitamin C!) and made in under 30 minutes. What’s not to love?
Speaking of love, my obsession with wild garlic has taken new heights this year. I have been eagerly using it for all kinds of dishes such as in a wild garlic pesto, hummus, raw on top of bread and even baked into a savory pull apart bread. LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff! Despite the slightly warmer weather we’ve been enjoying these past few weeks, there is somethings so comforting about a bowl of warm soup, that I have been coming back to this recipe over and over again. Simple things can be so good, and this coconut wild garlic soup really proves it.
Let’s talk about my favorite topic for a sec – soup toppings! As always, I like to point out that there are endless options for topping your cream-based soups. While I typically like to go all out with chili or truffle-infused oils, toasted nuts, herbs and the liking, today we are keeping it simple. A few splatters of vegan cream, crunchy croutons and a bit of lemon zest is all this soup needs to take it up to perfection. If you are doing croutons, I recommend making your own with some dark crusty bread such as rye or spelt for maximum flavor which you roast with a bit of oil and salt.
The soup keeps well for about 5-6 days in the fridge, so you can definitely prepare it a few days ahead, as part of your meal-prep. It does, however, not freeze so well due to the coconut milk, so it’s best to keep it in the fridge only. If you are looking for a soup that freezes well, I recommend my sweet potato carrot & leek soup, which doesn’t contain any coconut milk or cream.Print
- 180g wild garlic leaves
- 300g potatoes
- 1 large onion
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 700 ml coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- vegan cream for garnishing, optional
- croutons for topping, optional
- lemon zest for topping, optional
- Wash the wild garlic leaves and thoroughly dry them using a salad spinner or pat them dry them with a kitchen towel.
- Peel and cube the potatoes. Cut the onion into small chunks.
- Heat the oil in a large pot and sauté the onions until soft and golden brown.
- Add the potatoes, vegetable stock, coconut milk and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook until the potatoes are soft.
- Add the wild garlic and nutritional yeast and continue cooking on low heat for about 2 minutes, until the wild garlic has wilted down.
- Transfer to a blender and puree until smooth.
- Serve with vegan cream, croutons and lemon zest.
Keywords: wild garlic soup, vegan coconut soup, vegan wild garlic soup, coconut wild garlic soup
MORE FROM MY SITE
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, but these are all products I highly recommend. I won’t put anything on this page that I haven’t verified and/or personally used.