Roasted Hazelnut Milk
Creamy and packed with crunchy roasted hazelnuts, this milk tastes incredibly indulgent.
Hazelnut milk is easy to make and a delicious alternative to dairy milk. Even non-vegans enjoy the creamy delicious taste of it. There are a few tips I’d like to share with you on how to make the perfect hazelnut milk.
1). Roast the nuts to make them crunchy and delicious, this adds so much extra flavor rather than just soaking them
2). Remove the skins after roasting so the milk doesn’t taste bitter in any way
3). I don’t strain the milk. I love the creamy taste of unstrained nut milk plus you will get the most nutritional value from it.
If you are however watching your calorie intake or are on a diet, you can of course strain it to reduce the calories.
There are many uses for hazelnut milk. You can basically sub it almost anywhere for regular milk and it gives everything a rich hazelnut flavor. Try it in: oatmeal, cocoa, cereal, smoothies,.. and my personal favorite: make healthy hazelnut coffee by using it as a creamer. Get creative with it and let me know if you make it and where you used it in. 🙂Print
Creamy and nutritious, this roasted hazelnut milk makes a healthy treat.
- 300g hazelnuts, raw (2 cups)
- 960ml water (4 cups)
- 1 vanilla bean
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or sweetener of your choice)
- Roast hazelnuts for about 15min at 180°C or 350°F. Keep a close eye on them as they burn quickly. Let them cool.
- To remove the skins, rub them between your hands or in a dish towel. Skins should come off easily.
- Combine the water, hazelnuts, seeds of the vanilla bean, salt and maple syrup in a blender and blend until nuts are pulverized. (The time will vary depending on how strong your blender is)
- Optional: If you wish to strain, pour milk into a cheese cloth and squeeze out all the liquid into a bowl underneath. Or simply drink it as whole milk (it will be creamier this way)
Store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
MORE FROM MY SITE
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, but these are all products I highly recommend. I won’t put anything on this page that I haven’t verified and/or personally used.