Salads don’t need to be boring! Fresh baby spinach, ripe strawberries, toasted almond slices and creamy feta cheese come together to create a delicious and nutritious meal! Top that off with cracked black pepper and some balsamic vinegar and you got yourself a stylish dish that will impress any guest.
Not only your taste buds will be thankful for this salad, but your whole body will too. Baby spinach is a great source of vitamin A, C and K, as well as magnesium. It is difficult to find a vegetable which contains as much vitamin K as spinach does. Also the strawberries contain lots of nutrients which help burn stored fat for example, or aid your digestion due to their high fiber content. Almonds and feta offer a valuable source of protein which most people don’t eat enough of.
But let’s not forget the occasion we are celebrating today. St. Patrick’s Day is here!! In my eagerness to create a St. Patrick’s Day themed post, I completely oversaw the fact that I already had. I literally prepared this post still wondering what ”green” dish I could make. I don’t know what made me so blind that I totally overlooked this recipe. But somewhere along the way the fresh green salad did strike me and a St. Patrick’s Day post was born. It’s fun to celebrate all these ‘firsts’ as my blog is still very young. I can’t wait to look back and have a collection of “green” recipes.
HAPPY ST. PATRICK’S DAY!
Strawberry Feta Spinach Salad with Toasted Almonds
A sweet and crunchy salad with spinach strawberries and feta cheese.
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4
- 100g fresh baby spinach (3.5oz)
- 250g strawberries (8.8oz)
- 250g feta cheese (8.8oz)
- 4 tablespoons sliced almonds
- balsamic glaze
- black pepper, whole
- Preheat your oven to 200°C or 400°F.
- Wash the spinach and remove any wilted leaves. Wash, trim and slice the strawberries. Crumble the feta.
- Toast the almond slices in the oven until fragrant and slightly browned, about 5 min. Keep an eye on them as they can brown very fast!
- To assemble, add spinach, strawberries and feta to a bowl and toss. Sprinkle with toasted almonds and season with balsamic glaze and freshly cracked black pepper. Serve immediatly.