Strawberry Feta Spinach Salad with Toasted Almonds
Salads don’t need to be boring! Fresh baby spinach, ripe strawberries, toasted almond slices and creamy feta cheese come together to create a delicious and nutritious meal! Top that off with cracked black pepper and some balsamic vinegar and you got yourself a stylish dish that will impress any guest.
Not only your taste buds will be thankful for this salad, but your whole body will too. Baby spinach is a great source of vitamin A, C and K, as well as magnesium. It is difficult to find a vegetable which contains as much vitamin K as spinach does. Also the strawberries contain lots of nutrients and aid your digestion due to their high fiber content. Almonds and feta offer a source of protein.
But let’s not forget the occasion we are celebrating today. St. Patrick’s Day is here!! In my eagerness to create a St. Patrick’s Day themed post, I completely oversaw the fact that I already had. I literally prepared this post still wondering what ”green” dish I could make. I don’t know what made me so blind that I totally overlooked this recipe. But somewhere along the way the fresh green salad did strike me and a St. Patrick’s Day post was born. It’s fun to celebrate all these ‘firsts’ as my blog is still very young. I can’t wait to look back and have a collection of “green” recipes.
HAPPY ST. PATRICK’S DAY!Print
A sweet and crunchy salad with spinach strawberries and feta cheese.
- 100g fresh baby spinach (3.5oz)
- 250g strawberries (8.8oz)
- 250g feta cheese (8.8oz)
- 4 tablespoons sliced almonds
- balsamic glaze
- black pepper, whole
- Preheat your oven to 200°C or 400°F.
- Wash the spinach and remove any wilted leaves. Wash, trim and slice the strawberries. Crumble the feta.
- Toast the almond slices in the oven until fragrant and slightly browned, about 5 min. Keep an eye on them as they can brown very fast!
- To assemble, add spinach, strawberries and feta to a bowl and toss. Sprinkle with toasted almonds and season with balsamic glaze and freshly cracked black pepper. Serve immediately.
Keywords: spinach salad, strawberry spinach salad, spinach salad with almonds, spinach and feta salad
MORE FROM MY SITE
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, but these are all products I highly recommend. I won’t put anything on this page that I haven’t verified and/or personally used.